06 Yz450F fork and Shock Fit on 08 YZ450F

2 replies to this topic
  • tnat1

Posted February 02, 2009 - 09:36 AM

I was wondering i can swap my 08 forks and shock to put on my 06 yz450F, I am making my 08 my supermoto bike and the Forks and shock on it are already revalved for MX, i dont want to spend the extra money to have the stuff done for supermoto when my 06 forks are set up already for sumo, i just need to have the 06 shock done. Im using the 06 for my practice and MX bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 02, 2009 - 09:47 AM

The linkage changed in '08, so the later bikes have higher spring and damping rates.

The stem is 5mm shorter in the '08, but the forks should fit the clamps alright. Note the other differences.

• KAS

Posted February 02, 2009 - 01:33 PM

If you run the '08 fork on the '06, you will also have to use the '08 front brake & wheel spacers.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.