FMF for WR 450F 08 powerfull and louder

19 replies to this topic
  • CharWR450

Posted February 02, 2009 - 02:23 AM

Hi guys.
i 've got a WR 450f 08 and i will like to change the stock exhaust with a new fmf exhaust. I'm wondering which is the most powerfull and the louder combination for my bike using an FMF.

FMF Factory 4.1 or Powercore

Complete Exhaust System or Slip on

with MegaBomb or Powerbomb.

Thanks

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 02, 2009 - 07:34 AM

I have the 4.1 slip-on connected to an 08 yz450f header...the bike makes great mid to top power...:)

• Rick_R

Posted February 02, 2009 - 08:47 AM

I just ordered the Dr. D exhaust thru qualitysmart.com. Getting the Style 4. This comes with the header pipe, also got the quiet core insert. All for under $450.00. FMF with the megabomb will be over $500.00.

• CharWR450

Posted February 04, 2009 - 01:06 AM

i think the full fmf system 4.1 it will be more powerfull than the slip on. But which one you think will be louder?

• WRtaz

Posted February 04, 2009 - 12:47 PM

I just ordered the Dr. D exhaust thru qualitysmart.com. Getting the Style 4. This comes with the header pipe, also got the quiet core insert. All for under $450.00. FMF with the megabomb will be over $500.00.

I'm looking to also order a Dr D, how'd you get it for $450 from qualitysmart.com? It looks to be $497 with quiet insert.

• SJMC_DON

Posted February 04, 2009 - 02:08 PM

But which one you think will be louder?

Are you in the United States? And if so, are you serious?

• Rick_R

Posted February 04, 2009 - 02:54 PM

I'm looking to also order a Dr D, how'd you get it for $450 from qualitysmart.com? It looks to be $497 with quiet insert.

It was $50 off till Jan 31. The funny thing is it was delivered straight from Dubach Racing to my house, got it in 3 days.

Went on easy, sounds real nice and seems snappier. I need to to put the quiet insert in to see how it sounds. I's a little loud without.

• Yama450Rider

Posted February 06, 2009 - 11:41 PM

Ive got the fmf 4.1 titanium slip-on on my 07 wr450f, its loud and from what i read u wont notice much a difference for the complete system...i think i paid 350 something for the slip on....and yea its loud make sure u rejet the carb...and did i say its loud? cause its loud lol

• CharWR450

Posted February 07, 2009 - 12:29 AM

make sure u rejet the carb...

what do you mean?

• MOTOPHILE

Posted February 07, 2009 - 04:49 AM

what do you mean?

Sounds like you should hold off on the pipe. Maybe get some sick graphics!
Or some gnarley tires!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yama450Rider

Posted February 07, 2009 - 06:11 AM

what do you mean?

with a new pipe itll be runin to lean u need the feul and u need larger jets in the carb to get that feul

• chevytrkn1

Posted February 07, 2009 - 08:46 AM

Most states have noise limits. Montana's is now 96 decibels. There checking and fining poeple. Loud pipes dont make it faster. Just pisses people off and gets areas closed to motorized. I got the Dr'D with the quite core on my 07. Great sounds,Passed there tests and runs awsome.

• SJMC_DON

Posted February 07, 2009 - 01:43 PM

Loud pipes are nothing more than emotional horsepower... Unless you are in the upper echelon of MX riding where you need to bang out of a berm into an immediate 75ft triple there is no need for anything that flows enough to produce more than 98db... just my .02 cents.

Noise shuts down riding areas... I race in A level offroad classes and I have never had a problem winning with anything that blows more than 98db.. and if I don't place well it surely is not because of my exhaust system:bonk:

• Yama450Rider

Posted February 07, 2009 - 05:56 PM

there right having a loud bike isnt that great i have to shut it off if i wanna talk to anyone...

• CharWR450

Posted February 08, 2009 - 03:10 AM

yeah, that's right. thank's :)

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted February 08, 2009 - 08:21 AM

Hi guys.
i 've got a WR 450f 08 and i will like to change the stock exhaust with a new fmf exhaust. I'm wondering which is the most powerfull and the louder combination for my bike using an FMF.

FMF Factory 4.1 or Powercore

Complete Exhaust System or Slip on

with MegaBomb or Powerbomb.

Thanks

You want to be louder? What are you, a teenager? Get the quiet insert. Without it, that pipe is disturbingly loud, even to the rider.

I bought the full system a couple years ago. I cannot tell the difference with the powerbomb header on. Only pro riders will notice the .5 lbs and .5 hp difference. Even weekend racers (like me) can't tell the difference.

Just get the pipe and save money on the header. I've got a powerbomb headere that's all smashed up sitting in my garage. Its much, much softer metal than the stock header and when you fall, it will get dented easier. It sticks out just a little past the radiator and is more exposed when you drop the bike on its right side. The stock header is in tighter and will not get abused.

Also, mid to upper is great on the FMF pipes. But I have ridden other bikes with better low end than the FMF Factory 4. They seem to have a DrD pipe.

• NMNORGE

Posted February 08, 2009 - 09:10 AM

You want to be louder? What are you, a teenager? Get the quiet insert. Without it, that pipe is disturbingly loud, even to the rider.

I bought the full system a couple years ago. I cannot tell the difference with the powerbomb header on. Only pro riders will notice the .5 lbs and .5 hp difference. Even weekend racers (like me) can't tell the difference.

Just get the pipe and save money on the header. I've got a powerbomb headere that's all smashed up sitting in my garage. Its much, much softer metal than the stock header and when you fall, it will get dented easier. It sticks out just a little past the radiator and is more exposed when you drop the bike on its right side. The stock header is in tighter and will not get abused.

Also, mid to upper is great on the FMF pipes. But I have ridden other bikes with better low end than the FMF Factory 4. They seem to have a DrD pipe.

Great advice here, thanks. Just bought the FMF Factory new on flea-bay for $200 with SA. I'll add a quiet core...:)

• CharWR450

Posted March 16, 2009 - 09:28 AM

Thanks guys for the help. I 've bought the factory 4.1 slip on. Fits nice on the stock header. And yeah its loud. But sounds better. I will get and the quiet insert i think. :)

I have install the GYT-R AIS remove kit before. (jet needle 4th position, pilot jet 50, main jet 175, main air jet 110, leak jet)

Do i need to rejet the carb in addiction?
Thanks.

• NMNORGE

Posted March 16, 2009 - 04:28 PM

Thanks guys for the help. I 've bought the factory 4.1 slip on. Fits nice on the stock header. And yeah its loud. But sounds better. I will get and the quiet insert i think. :)

I have install the GYT-R AIS remove kit before. (jet needle 4th position, pilot jet 50, main jet 175, main air jet 110, leak jet)

Do i need to rejet the carb in addiction?
Thanks.

I added the same pipe...had to open the fuel screw another 1/2 turn to eliminate bog. Fuel screw is 1 1/4 turns out now. I'm at 6,000 feet elevation though, so my adjustments may not apply to you.

• CharWR450

Posted March 16, 2009 - 10:53 PM

Yeah. I'm less than 2.000 ft.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.