Is there a exhaust below 93db for wr450

4 replies to this topic
  • chriswr450

Posted February 01, 2009 - 11:45 AM

I was wanting a new exhaust for my 2006 wr450.Some place I go and ride at have the rule of not louder than 93db.So I would like to find a good exhaust that meet that requirement and gain some horsepower if I could.All the exhaust I can find are to loud.

• KennyMc

Posted February 01, 2009 - 12:51 PM

I believe the FMF Q4 would meet these requirements. I think you even get a couple db's quieter if you use their power or mega bomb head pipe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted February 01, 2009 - 07:25 PM

I believe the FMF Q4 would meet these requirements. I think you even get a couple db's quieter if you use their power or mega bomb head pipe.

I worked the sound check at a race before and I can tell you that the the Q4 will be no quieter than a 94 on a wr450 at best. I have a wr450 and remember it being the loudest bikes tested.

I think that the original Q pipe tested at 93.

On my 05 450, I frequently test at 94.5 - 95.5 using the stock pipe with the PMB insert.

Anything 95 or below is pretty quiet and will get no attention.

• chriswr450

Posted February 01, 2009 - 09:33 PM

thanks

• Lennie

Posted February 02, 2009 - 04:06 AM

I think that the original Q pipe tested at 93.

I have the original q pipe with a power bong and its pretty loud !!!!!!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.