Trick Dualsport Kit

4 replies to this topic
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted February 08, 2003 - 01:32 PM

Just wanted to let you guys know that I just finished installing my Trick Dual Sport kit. It took a little longer to install than I had figured but that was because I added a light to my analog speedometer, and I used a license mount from Scott's Performace, also those trick looking license plate bolts that are really license plate light bulbs. Plus I used a different style of rear turn signals so it all took more time than expected, but it is on now and works great.. If I had a digital camera (which I don't) I would take pictures and post them (which I don't know how to do either). All in all the Kit is well thought out & less money than the other ones and compared to the kit on my 99 WR 400 much better quality. Hope to have years of great service from Trick Dual Sport, & I'm sure I will have.
Dale makes a fine Product.

• xr600r

Posted February 08, 2003 - 04:16 PM

i had a high dollar kit on my xr. i think i'll go cheap this time....brake light switch....high low beam switch...
acerbis mirrior...squeeze horn. 50 bucks should cover it. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted February 09, 2003 - 12:10 PM

Unfortunatly in Oregon any bike built after 1992 has to have ...electric turn signals, front & rear, horn, stop light & tail light , plus high & low beam headlight and a license plate. Not being an electrical engineer I let someone who is, build the kit and I installed it. Oh yes a mirror also.

• Storch

Posted February 09, 2003 - 05:40 PM

Put the electrex Dakar kit on my WR450. They gave me a proto kit and the bike is at Electrex now getting a final fitting for the production version. The guys at Electrex are great.

03 WR450, Tagged!, YZ rear fender, Dunlop 606's , Lean -jetting next

Posted February 09, 2003 - 07:09 PM

Ive heard ...well...stories about the Dakar kit. Their circuit boards have a tendancey to fry. Give us an update in 6 months and after some good riding. Interested in how yours holds up! Im thinking about doing a Trick Dual sport kit. Not sure I like that headlight style but oh well...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.