Doing Searches, Reading Etc....Anything else I should know 2009 WR450F????

3 replies to this topic
  • Zadok

Posted February 01, 2009 - 05:56 AM

Just purchased a 2009 WR450F. Never had an F model before, so
I dont really know that much about them. I will be doing lots of
searches here on this section of the forum. All the rest of my time
had been spent over on Yamaha Dual Sport.

So, anything I need to know about this bike? Recalls, immediate fixes,
concerns etc etc. I will be greasing the stearing head bearings and
swing arm to start.

Thanks.:)

• erickdj

Posted February 01, 2009 - 09:05 AM

Just purchased a 2009 WR450F. Never had an F model before, so
I dont really know that much about them. I will be doing lots of
searches here on this section of the forum. All the rest of my time
had been spent over on Yamaha Dual Sport.

So, anything I need to know about this bike? Recalls, immediate fixes,
concerns etc etc. I will be greasing the stearing head bearings and
swing arm to start.

Thanks.:)

Just grease everything. Break it in easy and go riding. These bikes define reliability, there's nothing to be worried about, leave that to the honda riders. :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • banksc

Posted February 02, 2009 - 08:49 AM

Hey Zadok,

Just Bought A Wr450f Myself. Great Bike But, Choked Out To Get That Green Sticker. If You Want To Get Some Big Power Cheap Do The Following. Take That Snorkel Set Up Off The Air Box And Throw It Away. Pull The Exhaust Tip Out And You Will See Two Pop Rivits Holding In A Restricter At The End Of The Exhaust. Drill Those Out And Pull That Restricter Out. Next Go To Yamaha And Buy The Gyt-r Ais Kit For Your Carb. Part Number Gyt-5tj93-69-01. Install As Directed. It Includes A New Throttle Stop Screw. You Currently Are Only Getting About Half Throttle. Unless You Are A Pro This Should Satisfy Your Power Needs. Happy Motoring.

• Zadok

Posted February 02, 2009 - 09:13 AM

Hey Zadok,

Just Bought A Wr450f Myself. Great Bike But, Choked Out To Get That Green Sticker. If You Want To Get Some Big Power Cheap Do The Following. Take That Snorkel Set Up Off The Air Box And Throw It Away. Pull The Exhaust Tip Out And You Will See Two Pop Rivits Holding In A Restricter At The End Of The Exhaust. Drill Those Out And Pull That Restricter Out. Next Go To Yamaha And Buy The Gyt-r Ais Kit For Your Carb. Part Number Gyt-5tj93-69-01. Install As Directed. It Includes A New Throttle Stop Screw. You Currently Are Only Getting About Half Throttle. Unless You Are A Pro This Should Satisfy Your Power Needs. Happy Motoring.

Thanks for the post. I had actually already ordered the AIS kit from gytr.
Should be here tomorrow. I know about the intake and exhaust as well,
just not sure I want it yet....might be scary fast then:smirk: .

After getting a new bike I always like to ask those in the know about
recalls etc. Even things I just might need to be aware of.

I know this bike already has a LOT more torque than the WR250R I
just sold has. Should be fun.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.