Preliminary Report; Thunder Alley Exhaust

No replies to this topic
  • F6dood

Posted February 08, 2003 - 11:59 AM

A month ago, I posted an inquiry about after market exhaust for the WR426F. One kind member responded w/ a review/ rating of several systems and the Thunder Alley Exhaust (TAE) was at the top of his list. On that recommendation, I ordered the Thunder Alley System ). After 3 1/2 week, UPS finally delivered. :D
The installation took only 20 minutes and the mounting hardware mounted/ matched perfectly.It is a masterfully hand crafted pipe and noticeably lighter in weight than the stock pipe. Also reasonably priced, $310.00 w/ SA & shipping. Upon the first firing the deep, round rumble came to life. It was fitted with the straight pipe and was much louder than I anticipated. Made a quick blast around the pasture and down the street trail & back. As predicted, the low/ mid range grunt has noticably stepped up. That's why I bought it. I bought the SA for forest riding and the hope of a little quieter operation. From the house, there are some flood control ditches where I ride to access larger riding areas and don't want to be a nuisance to near by homes. The SA is a bit quieter than the straight pipe but not much. TAE recomends a #168 main jet w/ this pipe which I'll be installing tomorrow. It's too wet to fully test right now but I'll give the full performance report after I've had a chance to WRing it out.

I can't recall who posted the recommendation but, Many thanks to Ya !! SEE YA !! :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.