Best Air Filter

2 replies to this topic
  • crotchrocket

Posted July 24, 2002 - 02:45 PM

Who makes the best aftermarket air filter for the WR? I have had great luck with K&N oil filters, but several people have told me to stay away from their air filters for dirt bikes. Any opinions? I know that everyone will have a different opinion, but are there any brands I should definitely stay away from?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SealClubber

Posted July 24, 2002 - 06:00 PM

I use No toil. It is SUPER easy to clean. Don't know if it filters any better thatn the others but since I don't mind cleaning it, my bike has a clean filter most of the time. :)

• dominator426

Posted July 24, 2002 - 06:10 PM

I use a "Uni" foam air filter with "Maxima FFT" synthetic, high quality filter oil...I got both from "Baja Designs". "Uni" is probably the most popular and quality is excellent. They now also use a rubber (or urethane?) grommet at the wing nut for a better seal as used by "Twin Air" and "White Brothers", also high quality filters...
Avoid "K+N" thin pleated oiled cotton filters. They don't stop nearly as much fine dust, increasing engine wear...
By the way, I also really like my "Micronic" reusable, easily washable oil filter. Made of medical grade stainless steel mesh in a strong machined aluminum frame. They claim that 10 times smaller particles are stopped compared to the flimsy stock filter. Also got it from Baha Designs...

[ July 26, 2002: Message edited by: dominator426 ]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.