clutch cover

7 replies to this topic
  • lolumad

Posted January 30, 2009 - 05:08 PM

im looking for an answer to my question deeper in the forums but if sombody knows now it could be a lot easier. k i have an 08 yz450f and somehow i cracked my clutch cover dunno how i never fall haha. the crack isn't very bad so i was going to jb weld it but i believe the cover is magnesium after trying to knock the bend back out it appears to be trying to spidercrack so i think jb weld is out. i called yamaha and a new cover is 70 dollars. cant get ahold of the used parts place to price check. anybody already have a similar problem and is a used one that much cheaper? thanks for the help. :banana:

• KJ790

Posted January 30, 2009 - 06:03 PM

You can get stock ones off ebay for $20 or less all day long. The YFZ450 (quad) and the YZ450F have used the same clutch cover from 03-09 (except the newer ones were painted black).

• 8upnmx

Posted January 31, 2009 - 08:46 PM

I also need to replace mine but i don't know which one to buy Boyesen or hinson? Any input on this would be greatly app.

• grayracer513

Posted January 31, 2009 - 09:51 PM

GYT-R is cheaper.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 8upnmx

Posted February 01, 2009 - 07:36 PM

What is GYT-R, sorry this is my first bike, i am really new to all this. Will the finish wear off like the stock one. Yes the other two are more expensive but i heard they do not wear.

• Engineer_3ID

Posted February 01, 2009 - 07:46 PM

GYT-R is the factory yamaha race gear. To find out more about go to the yamaha site. They have all kinds of stuff. Its kinda like after market stuff but says GYT-R and yamaha on it. As for the J.B weld idea that is a very bad one. 70-80 bucks is cheap compared to a new bottom end that the JB will cause you if it comes off inside your clutch cover and goes all through your engine!

• grayracer513

Posted February 01, 2009 - 08:35 PM

Yamaha GYT-R page:

• lolumad

Posted February 03, 2009 - 12:42 PM

cool thnx for the help.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.