Cheap hour meter solution

2 replies to this topic
  • Strattos

Posted January 29, 2009 - 06:59 PM

If anyone is looking for a cheap solution for an hour meter try a Briggs and Stratton from a lawn mower or brush cutter outlet.

I know the brand isn't the most exciting - it's a lawn mower brand afterall - but I got one for half the price of the Motominder and Yamaha hour meters I've had in the past.

Here in Aus, I remember paying about $100 for an hour meter from Motominder and Yamaha. Got my Briggs and Stratton - which looks identical, just a different colour - for $40.

It's so far proven reliable, shockproof and water proof. I've got it mounted near the steering head, on the frame of my 08 WR.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zorroz

Posted January 30, 2009 - 04:52 AM

They are great!

Posted Image

• matt4x4

Posted January 30, 2009 - 05:24 AM

Made a post about these a year ago as well, $25 where I live compared to 50-80 elsewhere for the same thing. Also made a bracket added to my top clamp - easily readable anytime.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.