YZ Throttle Stop # 5JG-14591-00?

8 replies to this topic
  • law_boy

Posted February 07, 2003 - 02:12 PM

So I went to the dealer to order the YZ throttle stop for my WR450, part #5JG-14591-00, and the computer said it was a "spring adjustment screw" or something like that. Is this the correct part? I didn't want to order it because they said I wouldn't be able to return it if it were not the right part. Just want to be sure... Thanks.

• Ridin'_MD

Posted February 07, 2003 - 03:23 PM

I don't know - this is the same problem I had. I think it's the right thing ('02 YZ throttle stop), but I'm not sure.

I ordered it anyway - they said if it doesn't fit I can return it but have to pay a 20% re-stocking fee ($2.00).

My bike and the part should come in on Tues. or Wed. I'll let you know then, but maybe someone here can confirm this.

If it doesn't fit I'll just dremel the stock one down.

Bud

• ekemner

Posted February 07, 2003 - 03:37 PM

This is the correct part. I ordered it and the dealer told me this was what I wanted. Yamaha just called it somthing different.

Eric

WR450F due any day
Mods for it: FMF Q silencer, Series 909 hand guards, Scotts Dampner, Dunlop 773 tires w/HD tubes, 160 main, 48 pilot :)

• maicofred

Posted February 07, 2003 - 04:27 PM

I gave the same number to my dealer and it is an adjustment spring. The throttle stop is a different number. Sorry

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Blue_One

Posted February 07, 2003 - 04:28 PM

thats the number i used and i got the yz throttle stop. :)

• ThumperWR450F

Posted February 07, 2003 - 05:18 PM

i gave my dealer that number and he called yamaha and they said that's the right number but i think he said they called it sopmething else !

• Jonesy920

Posted February 07, 2003 - 09:26 PM

just cut it down to 23mm...

• Motorod

Posted February 07, 2003 - 10:59 PM

Same happened to me, but we looked at a sheet on another book and it was correct. The Yamaha comp is incorrect. All dealers are having trouble with their new computers also.

• jentzschman

Posted June 28, 2014 - 04:18 PM

nevermind.....

Edited by jentzschman, June 28, 2014 - 04:23 PM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.