Am I hitting the REV limiter at 10,000 RPMs?

1 reply to this topic
  • RonC

Posted February 12, 2001 - 09:13 PM

My WR400 appears to top out at 90 mph. It seems to have plenty of power but cuts out at 90 mph. I am running 27" Dunlops with 15/50 gears (front to rear teeth). In 5th gear (.84 ratio) this translates to 10,000 engine RPMs to turn the rear wheel 3520 times per minute, the speed necessary for 90 MPH. Is my bike cutting out at 90 MPH, (10,000 RPMs) because of a REV limiter?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Howard_Huge

Posted February 14, 2001 - 03:21 PM

Where did you get 27 inch dunlops ????
You will know when you hit the rev limiter when you do back off the throttle just a hair and that would be your top speed... By the way the YZ rev limiter doesn't kick in until 12,500RPM's just a thought, if you were to switch black boxes with a YZ you might get her to rev some more giving you more top speed...

rev it till it scatters,huge

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.