interchanging parts?

3 replies to this topic
  • Rude Riders

Posted January 28, 2009 - 10:17 PM

I just got an 01 yz426 and im in the process of doing the 450 body conversion. My question is, i have an 05 yz250 2-stroke, what parts off this bike will fit on my new 426? Was hoping the suspension would switch over cause it was revalved by pro-ciruit and it has the black excel wheels and hubs. Thanks

• 426 NOOB

Posted January 28, 2009 - 10:20 PM

I just got an 01 yz426 and im in the process of doing the 450 body conversion. My question is, i have an 05 yz250 2-stroke, what parts off this bike will fit on my new 426? Was hoping the suspension would switch over cause it was revalved by pro-ciruit and it has the black excel wheels and hubs. Thanks

not sure what would fit, someone will know, but even if the forks did fit, they would have to be resprung and valved again because the 426 weighs a lot more than the 250.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rude Riders

Posted January 28, 2009 - 10:26 PM

the bike is actually a wr im converting into a yz450 so the stock suspension is kinda mushy, but i understand what you mean

• Birdy426

Posted January 29, 2009 - 07:50 AM

Go to the TT store OEM parts page and look at part numbers for triple clamps, swing arm, linkage and such. many of the "interface" parts are the same across the 125 pinger to the 450 thumper...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.