WR light on an 08 YZ 450

5 replies to this topic
  • CD31

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:12 PM

I was hoping someone else has attempted to put the, 07 and up, WR headlight on a YZ. I purchased one on ebay and when I tried putting it on the CDI box located behind the number plate on the frame is in the way.

Anybody try this yet? Is there a way to relocate the CDI box?

Thanks in advance.

• Family Man

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:20 PM

check out the eline stator. I dont think the stock stator will power a headlight.

• grayracer513

Posted January 28, 2009 - 10:14 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CD31

Posted January 28, 2009 - 10:51 PM

I apologize I guess I wasn't clear. I am not even to the stage of hooking the light to a power source. I was trying to get something set up for an ISDE qualifier and the first step was getting the WR headlight to bolt up. Problem is the CDI box is in the way. I was inquiring if anyone had worked around this.

I used the search function and found the thread you posted but there was no mention any where I could find about the issue I have run into.

Again thanks...

• grayracer513

Posted January 29, 2009 - 06:45 AM

Regardless of whether the light fits, you'll need to power it with something, and you should have an idea how that's going to work out before you spend too much time on the lamp. Relocating the CDI shouldn't be a problem. Move it under the tank. I believe that's where the WR puts it.

• mazzuca21366

Posted January 29, 2009 - 08:09 AM

My street legal yz450 runs on a total loss system. I used an alarm sealed battery from Inerstate Batteries. Its a 12 volt 7 amp hour battery. I can run my headlight and tail light for 1 hour before its dead. When Im on the street I shut my headlight off so just the tail light and my Vapor speedo is drawing power. This gives me approx 2.5 hours of juice.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.