2002 yz426 light smoking when started

2 replies to this topic
  • aaronmcintire26

Posted January 27, 2009 - 04:39 PM

I got a 2002 yz 426 and the motor was blown I replaced with a 1999 wr 400 and when then the motor starts light blue smoke comes out for about 5 min then nothing it runs great the guy I got the motor from assured me that the hour meter said 25 hours on the original motor no rebuilds what should I do

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted January 27, 2009 - 06:13 PM

what should I do

Put some valve seals in it.

• Wes Woodin

Posted January 27, 2009 - 06:58 PM

I got a 2002 yz 426 and the motor was blown I replaced with a 1999 wr 400 and when then the motor starts light blue smoke comes out for about 5 min then nothing it runs great the guy I got the motor from assured me that the hour meter said 25 hours on the original motor no rebuilds what should I do

Yeah, it may be a combination of rings and valve seals, more the valve seals. When the motor warms up, the internal components expand and the it is less noticeable.Throw some seals in it and you'll be on your way. Goodluck:ride:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.