05 broken odometer

8 replies to this topic
  • taksx

Posted January 27, 2009 - 01:39 PM

After 4 long hard years the odometer on my 05 WR finally stop working.
I inspected the cable and looks fine, its not broken and greased up. the problem (my guess) is internal. does anybody know how to fix that?

I can pull the knob and move the miles around but I just can get it to spin with the cable inserted.

Thanks for your time folks, Eddie :banana:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 27, 2009 - 02:03 PM

does anybody know how to fix that?

no but i have a brand new never used 08 drive unit and computer off my 08 that i am trying to get rid off...pm if interested :banana:

• Xr650rhonda

Posted January 27, 2009 - 04:22 PM

After 4 long hard years the odometer on my 05 WR finally stop working.
I inspected the cable and looks fine, its not broken and greased up. the problem (my guess) is internal. does anybody know how to fix that?

I can pull the knob and move the miles around but I just can get it to spin with the cable inserted.

Thanks for your time folks, Eddie :banana:

Mine also broke inside the odometer on my 05, replacing it was what I ended up doing.

• ebutner

Posted January 27, 2009 - 04:38 PM

I have mine from my 05.... I use a trail tech now. want my oem?

EB

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • taksx

Posted January 27, 2009 - 09:46 PM

I have mine from my 05.... I use a trail tech now. want my oem?

EB

Do I want it for free??? :banana:

• taksx

Posted January 27, 2009 - 09:46 PM

no but i have a brand new never used 08 drive unit and computer off my 08 that i am trying to get rid off...pm if interested :lol:

Check your PM Coop :banana:

• taksx

Posted February 05, 2009 - 09:59 AM

Hey what's that over there...

:)

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted February 05, 2009 - 02:13 PM

It may not be the speedo unit at all. Check out the drive down on the front wheel. Part of the drive is a press fit and after lots of miles it can come "unpressed", take it off and look it over. Take off the flat plate with the 2 ears and tap it flat then with a socket tap it back over the part that the axle goes thru. Re assemble the wheel and you should be good to go.:) The cost is just a little time.
Jim

• taksx

Posted February 05, 2009 - 03:43 PM

Beautiful, thanks Jim. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.