i'm back! gotta finally get the suspension right

13 replies to this topic
  • redswr

Posted January 26, 2009 - 10:59 PM

hey guys... havn't been around in a long time. i still got the 07 set up for 215#s and i'm 165 now... thing still bottoms out on big jumps (25-60') is it valves i'm needing or what?

• flyer05

Posted January 27, 2009 - 04:49 AM

If it was fine at 215. Start eating twinkies.

Just kidding hope you mend to lose the weight, if so congrats.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 27, 2009 - 05:58 AM

hey guys... havn't been around in a long time. i still got the 07 set up for 215#s and i'm 165 now... thing still bottoms out on big jumps (25-60') is it valves i'm needing or what?

YES:banana:

• redswr

Posted January 27, 2009 - 11:26 PM

any suggestions on the valves?

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted January 28, 2009 - 08:47 AM

How is it bottoming out? Is it setup for trails instead of MX and jumps?

start with a new spring.

• erickdj

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:46 AM

thing still bottoms out on big jumps (25-60') is it valves i'm needing or what?

With jumps that big I'd say you need to do the yz suspension swap. It can be done fairly inexpensive and it's a simple bolt-on mod. I got a full yz suspension (front and rear) for $500 shipped to me. Once I sell my stock wr suspension I'll be at a minimal cost for the upgrade.:lol: The stock wr stuff can be re-springed and re-valved, but in the end it will still be inferior to the yz's components, and it will cost more. I haven't done any off road riding with my new suspension, but as soon as I sat on the bike for a test ride by my house it felt like a totally different bike.:banana: Can't wait to take it for a serious ride next weekend.:lol:

• SXP

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:52 AM

I got a full yz suspension (front and rear) for $500 shipped to me. :

That was a sweet deal. Where?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • erickdj

Posted January 28, 2009 - 11:07 AM

That was a sweet deal. Where?

ebay seller. We made the "deal" over the phone because I asked him to shave off $8 from the final price, it would have been $508 combining the auctions for the forks & shock, so I asked him to "bundle" it up for $500 shipped. It worked out, I saved $8 (I'm cheap, I know) and he saved a little on ebay fees. The forks and shock are in very good shape, nothing wrong with them. He mentioned that the forks were re-worked for a 180lbs rider by ESP Suspension, so it made the deal even better.

• redswr

Posted January 29, 2009 - 03:04 PM

How is it bottoming out? Is it setup for trails instead of MX and jumps?

start with a new spring.

anytime i hit any big desert whoops or jump at a track it lands hard... i got 215 springs for it but didn't do anything with the valves. right now i race grand prixs and the 6 hour (hopefully 12 and 24 this year) at glen helen.

• sneipfmx

Posted January 29, 2009 - 03:28 PM

Posted Image

i love my forks and shock

• erickdj

Posted January 29, 2009 - 03:51 PM

Posted Image

i love my forks and shock

I don't think I've seen that on this side of the water. What kind of suspension is that? Modded WR, Modded YZ, or some other custom setup?

• sneipfmx

Posted January 30, 2009 - 04:02 AM

:banana: wp factory kit tracks shock and cartrige fork :lol: :lol: :lol: nice price 5900 us

• erickdj

Posted January 30, 2009 - 07:14 AM

:banana: wp factory kit tracks shock and cartrige fork :lol: :lol: :lol: nice price 5900 us

wow, that must be one hell of a set up for $5900. Looks pretty trick, though.

• sneipfmx

Posted January 30, 2009 - 08:56 AM

hell yeah a sweet ride now:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.