WR Vs YZ PLz help simple questions

22 replies to this topic
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 29, 2009 - 07:44 AM

The issue is EPA Federal and State compliance. If it don't got it, you can't plate it.

This is the main reason you can not plate a bike in CA...they DO NOT meet the requirments.

You would have a much better chance of re-registering a Ca. plated bike than an out of state bike.

You might have a better chance but that still doesnt mean the bike it legally plated...if it was plated after 1/30/2004...it was done illegally and at any time the plate can be revoked.

Simply put...we can not plate a dirt bike from CA...if you want a plated bike...you must buy one that was converted/plated before 1/30/2004 or buy a new one from the factory...ie...KTM or Husky

****MOD's please close this thread:banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • maniac0586

Posted January 29, 2009 - 09:06 AM

well if thats what you think fine, i beleive you are right mostly but if other people can get there bikes registered and have had them registered for months now it cant be impossible. i know of a guy with an 07 wr, the bike i want, that has his street legal and has had it that way for some time now. to say its "impossible" i would not agree. There is someone out there with it done and knows a way to do it.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 29, 2009 - 10:05 AM

well if thats what you think fine, i beleive you are right mostly but if other people can get there bikes registered and have had them registered for months now it cant be impossible. i know of a guy with an 07 wr, the bike i want, that has his street legal and has had it that way for some time now. to say its "impossible" i would not agree. There is someone out there with it done and knows a way to do it.

The whole plating thing has nothing to do with impossible...it has to do with being illegal...simply put...do what you want but dont come on tt complaining when it gets taken away:bonk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.