Child Seats on Bikes

12 replies to this topic
  • fastmonstr

Posted July 23, 2002 - 03:54 PM

Is it ok to put a rear facing child seat facing foreward on my bike???

Posted Image

• Fryboy

Posted July 23, 2002 - 04:18 PM

You are kiddin us right? I can't believe someone would put their baby on the back of their thumper.

Ohhh my gawd. Please tell me he is joshin.

• LarryCO

Posted July 23, 2002 - 05:07 PM

That has got to be the worst thing I've ever seen! So bad that I'm laughing...because it CANT BE REAL!!!!

• yamaha.dude

Posted July 23, 2002 - 06:21 PM

Nah, you have to have it rear facing... you wanna break the law or something? LOL

you obviously know that it's just not right to wear a proper safety helmet, but with that serious look on your face, you need some cool sunglasses, that's for sure...

Good luck, excuse me why I go and change my pants - I pissed them laughing so hard...

• Bill

Posted July 24, 2002 - 12:27 AM

Man, I hope this is a joke........... :)

• MOmilkman

Posted July 24, 2002 - 02:47 AM

If I saw someone riding down the street with a baby attached to the rear fender (IN ANY FASHION!) I would have to pull over and slap him around for a while and then ask him where his mama lives so I could go slap her too!

Comon dude! If this is a serious question excercise a little common sense here.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Snapper

Posted July 24, 2002 - 03:02 AM

Why bother with the baby seat at all, a Papoose or backpack style child carrier is far more practical and the kid automatically leans with the bike as you go round the berms.

• Pete_Z

Posted July 24, 2002 - 03:09 AM

There is a company in Quebec, Canada that sells a carbon-fibre baby seat for the back of sportbikes.No sh** ! I saw the ad in Cycle Canada magazine. If I can find more info, and maybe a website I'll post a link. BTW - if I remember correctly, it was forward facing, and tested in some manner for crash worthiness! Sounds crazy, but if you were going to see some nut on an R-1 slicing through traffic with a baby on the back, it would likely be in Montreal. :)

Peace Eh - P.Z.

• fastmonstr

Posted July 24, 2002 - 03:10 AM

I was just having a little fun with Photoshop to scare the Grandparents.

He is our first child and a little over a week old. I can't wait to take him riding.

• MOmilkman

Posted July 24, 2002 - 03:34 AM

WHEW! :D :)

That was a close one! You just never know what kind of insane things people might do.

• Stumpy

Posted July 24, 2002 - 07:55 AM

Pretty good Photoshop, though... :)

• CO_Dan

Posted July 24, 2002 - 08:01 AM

Back in the 70s a customer of the shop I worked at built a turbocharged Suzuki 750 with a sidecar and an extended back seat. He could carry the wife in the sidecar and 2 kids behind him.

• Bill

Posted July 24, 2002 - 01:58 PM

Well I guess I can stop building my fastmonstr doll :D :D :) :D

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.