wr450f 05 starter

7 replies to this topic
  • trailanywhere

Posted January 26, 2009 - 03:21 PM

Hi all , just wondering im have problems with my starter motor , its had a total new rewound armoury,brushes and insulator and a new battery but as b4 the recondtion some times it sticks and u have to rock it in gear or kick it a bit then press button its been like it since ive had it a tear ago so i dont know if its common or not.so hope full some of u guys may know or b able to help me as im snookerd

• TwIzTeD NuTz

Posted January 26, 2009 - 07:52 PM

Hi all , just wondering im have problems with my starter motor , its had a total new rewound armoury,brushes and insulator and a new battery but as b4 the recondtion some times it sticks and u have to rock it in gear or kick it a bit then press button its been like it since ive had it a tear ago so i dont know if its common or not.so hope full some of u guys may know or b able to help me as im snookerd

I gave up on my stupid WR450 starter. I replaced it with one from a YFZ and never looked back. When I owned my YFZ I NEVER had sticking issues. :banana:

• c9buff

Posted January 26, 2009 - 08:52 PM

I've got an 05 as well and am about to give up on it. I bought it used and the starter it came with did what you describe. I bought a new one as well as a new torque limiter and the spined shaft on the starter will not mesh with the gearing of the torque limiter.

I've been messing with it for two years and am fed up.

buff

• DS-WR450F

Posted January 26, 2009 - 10:33 PM

Mine occasionaly sticks. I just rock it as you said, and it happens rarely enough, it hasn't been a real problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • steve gregory

Posted January 26, 2009 - 11:18 PM

I think my starter went out this week it is making a loud noise (05 wr) what hapened to that parts bike anyone know?

• TwIzTeD NuTz

Posted January 27, 2009 - 04:19 AM

I retract my statement, mine is not off a YFZ quad, its a WR starter also. Just remanned and the auction listed it as a YFZ starter, that would fit WR also. I did do some looking, the YFZ starter is BIG and stout, not a crap box like our WR one.

• trailanywhere

Posted January 29, 2009 - 11:34 AM

so m8 were would i get 1 from plz ??????

• trailanywhere

Posted January 29, 2009 - 11:35 AM

were would i get 1 m8 and how much for this bigger and better starter

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.