Will WR426 kickstand fit YZF 426?

6 replies to this topic
  • gottaroost

Posted February 06, 2003 - 06:11 PM

Want to know if it will bolt right on without any major feats of adaptation. Thanks.

• ddialogue

Posted February 06, 2003 - 06:15 PM

I'm assuming it will. I have a friend that bolted up a stock WR250f kickstand to his YZ250f.

• Hick

Posted February 06, 2003 - 07:47 PM

Somebody asked this just a few days ago. Since there is a threaded tab integral to the WR frame that the YZ doesn't have I'm saying the answer is no.

Unless you weld the mount on, which looks very doable.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 07, 2003 - 04:45 AM

Since there is a threaded tab integral to the WR frame that the YZ doesn't have I'm saying the answer is no.

Hick is right!!! Promoto and others make great kickstands for the YZ's. They're really nice and light and really tuck away real nice, nicer than stock if you ask me.. You could probably get one for $125.00. Not too shabby. :)

Dan

• Merfman

Posted February 07, 2003 - 09:32 AM

> You could probably get one for $125.00. Not too shabby.

The PMB unit is $149.95... and worth every penny IMHO. I have one on my YZ.

Merf

• gottaroost

Posted February 07, 2003 - 01:17 PM

Well, I sent off for one that is for a WR after reading the first post back and now see a concensus to the contrary....oops. Suppose I can either rig it or keep it as a souvenir. Thanks.

• John_H

Posted February 07, 2003 - 02:46 PM

Anyone have an unwanted stock kickstand mounting bracket for a 01 WR426? Mine broke :) and they're $50 new. I think a lot of people pull them off to MX.

I've thought about buying the Trailtech stand for the TT store. Anyone put one on a WR???

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.