Cant find a straight answer?!

9 replies to this topic
  • TwIzTeD NuTz

Posted January 26, 2009 - 07:43 AM

Which company makes the best fitting plastic? I want to order new plastic TODAY... So which company makes the best fitting/quality plastic? :banana:

• Johnny34

Posted January 26, 2009 - 08:17 AM

I've used Acerbis and Polisport and they both have great quality and fit. IMO, The Acerbis has a touch more attention to detail at the mounting locations. I had to use a file to shape some of the mounting holes on the Polisport plastic. Still, they are both very good plastics.

• matt4x4

Posted January 26, 2009 - 09:03 AM

the only bad ones are Chinese and they only make Pitbike plastics (so far)...well, klx110 or KX65 unfortunately falls under that too, but can be differentiated through price on ebay.

Your typical polisport/UFO/Acerbis will work fine.

I have yet to find a correlation between manufacturer and Metal inserts where the screws go - sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't....

• WR450FGreg

Posted January 26, 2009 - 10:26 AM

I bought a full Polisport kit for my '08 WR450F and it all bolted up perfectly.

Greg

• TwIzTeD NuTz

Posted January 26, 2009 - 11:48 AM

Is the UFO plastic pretty shiney? Its the only one I can find that has White, well them and cycra

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matt4x4

Posted January 26, 2009 - 12:05 PM

Same as all others - actually I really like the flexibility and color retention of UFO, I find Polisport is flexible, but you get those white sflex marks a lot faster.

• shrubitup

Posted January 26, 2009 - 12:18 PM

OEM fit best - no question about it.

• TwIzTeD NuTz

Posted January 26, 2009 - 12:21 PM

OEM fit best - no question about it.

Agreed, but they dont make white OEM plastic :banana:

• yamaharider2005

Posted January 26, 2009 - 12:23 PM

I really like ufo and they have a kit which includes everything but fork guards and front number

• TwIzTeD NuTz

Posted January 26, 2009 - 07:55 PM

I really like ufo and they have a kit which includes everything but fork guards and front number

I am ordering part by part, I am putting YZ body work on along with a YZ clarke gas tank they dont make a white direct replacement for the WR.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.