Big tank for 08 450

24 replies to this topic
  • Moscow Roost

Posted June 18, 2009 - 03:14 PM

IMS only has one PC... 06 or older WR PC is the trick, it will face right side out and give you a reserve:thumbsup:

The IMS looks a little weird where it mates to the seat up front... the tank is definitely wider than the seat.

Only one PC on the IMS!...but does it have a fuel line coming in from the other side that goes above the engine? Perhaps that is the Clarke...I've read so many articles I keep getting the specifics screwed up.

thanks much.

• Strattos

Posted June 18, 2009 - 06:20 PM

Speaking of the IMS, which I've just bought, I read somewhere on these forums that you need to put a washer under the mount that the seat slides into - the bit under the seat near the front of it. Mine seems to fit okay. Have they changed this since the earlier 07 tanks or is it sill a good idea to put this extra washer in to avoid damaging the seat in some way?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted June 18, 2009 - 08:32 PM

Speaking of the IMS, which I've just bought, I read somewhere on these forums that you need to put a washer under the mount that the seat slides into - the bit under the seat near the front of it. Mine seems to fit okay. Have they changed this since the earlier 07 tanks or is it sill a good idea to put this extra washer in to avoid damaging the seat in some way?

I never used the spacer, or washer on mine.... fits fine.

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted June 18, 2009 - 09:20 PM

Same here. If yours fit, it will probably be snug and no need for any washer.

• desdave

Posted June 19, 2009 - 05:53 AM

An update on what I ended up doing for a tank. Tried my son's 2.6 Clarke that he has on his 08 Z450, and found it fit just fine, and my seat mounted with no problem. Ordered and installed one. Used my stock wr shrouds until just recently got used yz shrouds with graphics from ebay. wr shrouds required a little bracket for the lower hole right side to bolt to the radiator. Used the stock pc on the right side and bought an earlier wr pc for the left side so the outlet pointed to the rear. Longest ride has be 60mi, with lots of fuel left over.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.