5 replies to this topic
  • SFO

Posted July 23, 2002 - 01:43 PM

very nice...
thought you guys would like this

http://www.speedskunk.com/

• MotoGreg

Posted July 23, 2002 - 06:27 PM

I was at Laguna Seca last weekend and every time that thing went by (in a field of two strokes) someone would look confused and ask "what is that?"

• OverHillInOhio

Posted July 24, 2002 - 02:22 AM

I was at Mid-Ohio for Motorcycle Vintage Days this past weekend. We were walking towards the track to watch some racing when I heard the PA announcer giving the starting lineup. He announced two riders on Yamaha 426 singles. At first I couldn't think of any road-race Yamaha engine with a 426 displacement. Then I heard him say something about motocross bike on the track competing against the road racers. Sure enough, when I got to a point where I could see the track and bikes, there were two YZ426's cutting laps on the asphalt. There also appeared to be a CR450F in the field, apparently ahead of the Yamaha's, but maybe it was a lap down. I didn't know 426's were considered vintage already, but with the new 450's coming out it makes sense!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • armourbl

Posted July 26, 2002 - 01:49 PM

SFO,

thanks for the link. That is exactly the kind of project I'm working on. Do a search for the post Can I fit a YZ400F in my 250 frame.

I plan to mate up a Yamaha motor to my wife's street bike.

ben

• armourbl

Posted July 26, 2002 - 01:56 PM

I think this guy may live near me. I sent him an email. Oh boy am I getting excited.

ben

• SFO

Posted July 27, 2002 - 06:33 AM

426 in a 125 chassis is exciting, no?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.