Quick paddle tire question

5 replies to this topic
  • TheBlackSheep

Posted January 26, 2009 - 06:04 AM

Just a quick question.

I am putting a paddle tire on my 07' WR450 for the 1st time. Is there enough room using the stock chain? Or do I need a longer chain for clearance of the paddles?

........ bahhh :banana:

• atitagain

Posted January 26, 2009 - 06:59 AM

stock chain works fine. watch the mud guard...some remove it so it doesn't get sucked into the paddle.
I put on a shock cover and remove mine!
Mike

• Johnny34

Posted January 26, 2009 - 08:20 AM

I have a King Turbo Paddle mounted on a stock rear wheel. Fits just fine and never touches chain or the mud guard.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DrzDasher

Posted January 27, 2009 - 05:13 PM

On my 04 with the kings paddle I had to put on a 47 tooth sprocket and mt mud flap still got chewed up

• briter

Posted January 28, 2009 - 11:54 AM

Turbo King Paddle on 2004 WR450f. Tire fits fine, but lost about a third of the mud flap on first ddune run four years ago. Most of the crew I run with has lost the mud flap no matter what brand of bike and paddle they are running. Some simply replace the flap with a new one after the dunes run then use the original flap (the one partially destroyed by the paddle) for each successive dunes trip we make.

• Charles De Mar

Posted January 28, 2009 - 03:59 PM

Turbo King Paddle on 2004 WR450f. Tire fits fine, but lost about a third of the mud flap on first ddune run four years ago. Most of the crew I run with has lost the mud flap no matter what brand of bike and paddle they are running. Some simply replace the flap with a new one after the dunes run then use the original flap (the one partially destroyed by the paddle) for each successive dunes trip we make.

Ditto.....replace it!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.