GREY WIRE where is the plug cant seem to find it

5 replies to this topic
  • SOW1

Posted February 06, 2003 - 03:27 PM

Where do I unplug the grey wire or do I cut it ? I am only able to find a multi pin connector is there a grey only plug?

• timvv51

Posted February 06, 2003 - 06:59 PM

Yes inquiring minds want to know, please. Tim

• mwbailey

Posted February 06, 2003 - 07:36 PM

well if you cut you cant go back where if you unplug it and tape it off you can return it to stock if nessaary in the future

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ryme

Posted February 08, 2003 - 04:14 AM

I had a hard time pulling the gray wire out of the plug, so I just cut it. If I need to put it back for some reason I could just use an in-line splice and throw some heat shrink around it. How do you get the gray wire out without cutting it?

• tctrailrider

Posted February 08, 2003 - 04:30 AM

Check this out.
www.garlic.com/~rdkienle/wr250f_free_mods_2.htm
This site is for the WR250 but the information also applies to the WR4--.

• rockieman

Posted February 08, 2003 - 07:02 AM

After you undo the connector plug....I can't remember if it was the male or female side....inside the plug there's a little tab that you need to hold down with a small screwdriver....this is when you need a third hand...your two, to hold the connector and the tab down and in my case...my wife's hand to pull the wire out the back side of the connector.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.