Acv?

1 reply to this topic
  • TWILES

Posted January 25, 2009 - 05:31 PM

Anyone disabled this thing and it helped? I guess my carb is dirty. I've got the idle turned as fast as it will go and it barely idles and it tries to flood. I thought, while I've got the carb apart I'd disable the ACV and put the 100# pilot air jet in it and see what happens. What outcome should I expect?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted January 26, 2009 - 08:33 PM

I disabled mine any really didn't notice any difference. When I researched it, I found that the main reason to disable is to make jetting easier. With the ACV functioning, you would always tend to get a bit of lean condition when chopping the throttle, so you would never know how close your jetting was.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.