Rekluse E-axle, Anyone use this?

5 replies to this topic
  • CyclePro238

Posted January 25, 2009 - 04:44 PM

Thinkn about maybe trying this axle out on my YZ426 and am wondering if anyone els has tryed it yet? Any input would be great.

http://www.rekluse.c...xle_mailer4.pdf

Nick

• 642MX

Posted January 25, 2009 - 05:00 PM

Use the search feature, lots of posts about them. http://www.thumperta...earchid=7907374

• CyclePro238

Posted January 25, 2009 - 06:59 PM

yeah I did that,, But try typing in Rekluse E-axle and see how many clutch posts you get. Then try to sort them out!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted January 25, 2009 - 07:07 PM

yeah I did that,, But try typing in Rekluse E-axle and see how many clutch posts you get. Then try to sort them out!

I did.... click on the link and read... :banana: :lol:

• CyclePro238

Posted January 25, 2009 - 07:12 PM

Yeah I just tryed to google Search, and found a few things, I was trying to search with the forum search and was just getting clutch posts. Guess I will be trying the google search key a little more from now on!

• cbreakin

Posted January 25, 2009 - 07:30 PM

I'm using the e-axle on my 06 yz450f and love it. I wrote a review of it on here a while ago, but in summary: it helped me tune out the infamous "yz push" (I also set the sag, ditched the horrible stock 739 front tire, and slid the forks up 10mm in the clamps). One issue I see come up over and over concerning the e-axle is the strength of the axle itself. The e-axle is comstructed of a solid piece of stainless steel and high quality anodized billet aluminum. I have no doubt in my mind that it is as strong or stronger than your hollow stock piece. Here are potential drawbacks I have noted: 1) it moves the wheel around an eccentric "oval." Due to this when set in some of it's some extreme negative or extreme positive offset positions you may not be getting maximum contact area on the rotor by the brake pads. 2) just like anything else close attention should be paid to all the bolts at the bottom of the fork during routine maintainance. I feel the axle is a long term alternative to off-set clamps and I run the thing full time with no problems! Hope this helps.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.