Starting problems

4 replies to this topic
  • johnnyjeep

Posted January 25, 2009 - 04:44 PM

I have an 06 450 and for the most part it runs great. However, this morning I was at a race, it started fine to go check in. started fine to go to tech. When it was time to go to the line, it wouldnt fire. Kicker, button- nothing! We pushed it to try to start it (manually pushing it), nothing. Tried kicking it again on to the line I go. Starting fine all day untill I stop for gas and nothing. Got pulled by a quad and it fired instantly. Im at a loss here as to what to look for.

• Alternative

Posted January 26, 2009 - 01:39 AM

Sounds like a dodgy connection somewhere in the ignition circuit. Check the spark plug cap and all the connection coming from the CDI.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • johnnyjeep

Posted January 26, 2009 - 05:10 AM

Thanks. Ill go through the wiring again.

• SJMC_DON

Posted January 26, 2009 - 10:50 AM

kill switch might have water in it or shorting out?

does it matter or make a difference with the hotstart?

Check valve clearances too.

• maxtherat

Posted January 26, 2009 - 04:50 PM

kill switch might have water in it or shorting out?

does it matter or make a difference with the hotstart?

Check valve clearances too.

I agree. Try leaving the kill switch unplugged.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.