Trying to make a descision on bikes...

46 replies to this topic
  • LEMMON1

Posted January 29, 2009 - 02:13 PM

P.S. I am not buying another 250F. :banana:

I trust my friends' judgement enough that when they say they didn't like it then I probably wouldn't either.

...enough with the 250F talk mmkay?

look, that last lil bit was just for info and not nessarily u as i already understood u werent gettin another one...but it may very well be useful for someone else who reads this thread...

mmmkay???

• Dirty Sanchez

Posted January 29, 2009 - 02:33 PM

Just a gentle ribbing is all that was. I hope this thread is useful for other readers too.

• grayracer513

Posted January 29, 2009 - 03:33 PM

Just a gentle ribbing is all that was. I hope this thread is useful for other readers too.

:banana:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RCannon

Posted January 29, 2009 - 04:00 PM

A 350 f makes no sense at all. You would end up with less power and power band length than the stock yz 250 has. All this for 2800.00 extra. Then the bike grenades because it was designed as a 250 and its toothbroush sized con rod. All this to try and re-invent the yz 250????

• Dirty Sanchez

Posted January 29, 2009 - 04:23 PM

Someone sleepy?

And a 350F based on a 350F, not a 250F or a 450F, would make sense to me.

• LEMMON1

Posted January 29, 2009 - 05:12 PM

• idahoexcr500

Posted February 02, 2009 - 04:29 PM

I had an 05 CRF450R for a couple of years. Sold it and now have a YZ250 2T. In the tight stuff the YZ us much easier to handle. In the fast, more wide open stuff the 450 was better. But as others have said the 2T is much cheaper and easier to maintain. The biggest shocker for me was how much lighter the YZ feels in the turns. Even though the weight difference is small in reality, it felt like 30 or 40 lbs. The 2T does take more skill to ride though, much more shifting and clutch work. To me, its more fun than the 450 was though. Just my opinion. Ideally, I would like to have one of each!

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.