Number plate to replace light on 08 WR450

6 replies to this topic
  • andrea420

Posted January 24, 2009 - 06:55 PM

I'm looking to remove the light on my 08 W450 and replace it with a number place. I have no need for the light, and I just don't like it. I have not been able to find a number plate that will fit without removing the little computer deal.. Anyone have any suggestions?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 24, 2009 - 07:14 PM

I have not been able to find a number plate that will fit without removing the little computer deal.. Anyone have any suggestions?

you probably wont find something that fits perfect with the computer still on the bike...

• SURFPRERUNNER

Posted January 25, 2009 - 09:24 PM

Ill buy your old one off you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TRUE_2_YAMAHA_001

Posted January 25, 2009 - 10:23 PM

buy a yz number plate.

make mounting brackets that connect to the number plate and to the stock mounts.

when we wired my budies baja kit up we had to do that. it was not dificult and we milled down some blocks of aluminum.

your next best but is to make a diferent mounting system for your computer system

• Powerage

Posted June 11, 2009 - 03:27 AM

Instead of starting a new thread, ill ask here... Which year model YZ plate would be the best fit for the '08WR450...

• tunefx

Posted June 11, 2009 - 05:40 AM

I used an '07 YZ plate.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted June 11, 2009 - 06:19 AM

Which year model YZ plate would be the best fit for the '08WR450...

06+ YZ will work just fine :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.