So long!

10 replies to this topic
  • creeky

Posted January 24, 2009 - 12:07 PM

:banana: Well, the trusty WR is gone, new owner picked it up today. It has been a great bike, but it's time to move on.

• ncampion

Posted January 24, 2009 - 03:40 PM

What's next? Hope you're not going to stop riding. You know what they say, "You don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding.

• BigVthumper

Posted January 24, 2009 - 07:33 PM

What's next? Hope you're not going to stop riding. You know what they say, "You don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding.

+10 on that

• creeky

Posted January 25, 2009 - 05:41 AM

I am absolutely going to keep riding. I still have my '05 Ktm 450EXC, plan to ride the wheels off it.

• hillclimbguy

Posted January 25, 2009 - 08:57 PM

My hat is off to you. I hope I'm still riding when I'm 71. You are the man!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TRUE_2_YAMAHA_001

Posted January 25, 2009 - 09:14 PM

crap still riding, at the rate i am going, i heop to be still walking when i am 71!!!
i am 19 riding sence i was 4 and have had quite a few major falls and it hurts to get up in the morning sometimes. but we will see. i gave my mom a nice christmas present, 2 broken ribs, collarbone, dislocated sholder and slightly torn acl.

i think it is time that i start slowing down and thinking about my future

• GENE426

Posted January 25, 2009 - 09:22 PM

Still riding at 71.
Glad to hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• chipwich

Posted January 26, 2009 - 05:03 AM

I left for a couple of years. Rode orange, which are fantastic bikes. But, when it came time for a new ride, 9K + tax and dp, lights, and skid skid plate, it was a no-brainer to buy a leftover 2008 WR450F out the door for $6800. Orange are really good, but not $3.2K good. I needed some economic stimulus :banana:

• desdave

Posted January 26, 2009 - 07:19 AM

AMA District 37 (So Cal) has added a new dez racing class....Legends...for over 70 racers. Dez racing started here right after WWII, and there are lots of grey beards still riding/racing here. And yes, you get old fast if you swap your scoot for a couch.

• pymn2001

Posted January 26, 2009 - 02:31 PM

was gonna have a joke about the wheels falling off your ktm but saw that you have an age of 71,:banana: well i gotta say lot of respect to you and i dont mean that in a patronising sense , mind you at your age i thought you would know better then buy a ktm:thumbsup: next thing you will be voting for arnie:smirk:

• TRUE_2_YAMAHA_001

Posted January 26, 2009 - 09:15 PM

$6800 eh? seems like you overpaid by about $1100 down in socal i was walking through a deslership and their otd was $5800. my dad and i were turally amazed, it is $300 less than he paid 2 years ago when he got his brand new.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.