Engine Ice

30 replies to this topic
  • RedBull420

Posted January 23, 2009 - 07:15 PM

+11111 For Engine Ice

• texas_hippie

Posted January 24, 2009 - 06:13 AM

:banana:

Alright, let me rephrase that. Does anyone know who provides the same specs as the OEM coolant, without the high price that the dealers add?
Surely, O'reilly's, AutoZone, or someone has the same exact stuff, (different brand), far cheaper than a dealer.

• MaddogYZ

Posted January 24, 2009 - 06:20 AM

Did you look in your manual, it may say to use an ethlyene glycol coolant or whatever. The other option would to go to the yamaha dealership and read the back of the bottle, it'll tell you it's primary chemical is.

• texas_hippie

Posted January 24, 2009 - 06:48 AM

Good point....I guess I was just looking for the easy way out. The nearest dealer is a sixty mile ride from me.

• ranger85

Posted January 24, 2009 - 09:00 AM

Some of the guys over on the Raptorforum did a test with Engine Ice and Watter wetter and various other products on the shelves. They had inline thermostats. They actually found that Engine Ice and Watter Wetter was running 15-20 degrees cooler than the standard radiator 50/50 fluid. Having that said I have also boiled over Engine Ice, so yes it can happen. My KTM525 was one of the hottest running bikes I've had, and even with Engine Ice it wanted to boil over in tight technical stuff. The only way I solved that problem was putting a fan on the radiator. My WR seems to run a lot cooler than the KTM, I've had no problems so far.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • phynx

Posted January 24, 2009 - 09:11 AM

Some of the guys over on the Raptorforum did a test with Engine Ice and Watter wetter and various other products on the shelves. They had inline thermostats. They actually found that Engine Ice and Watter Wetter was running 15-20 degrees cooler than the standard radiator 50/50 fluid. Having that said I have also boiled over Engine Ice, so yes it can happen. My KTM525 was one of the hottest running bikes I've had, and even with Engine Ice it wanted to boil over in tight technical stuff. The only way I solved that problem was putting a fan on the radiator. My WR seems to run a lot cooler than the KTM, I've had no problems so far.

Yea, mine sizzled a bit, when I was in Mexico riding last month, and I had regular Preston, so I will make the change over to Engine ICE, for sure. I did also have to redo the jetting and that helped also.
Thanks for the info everybody..:banana:

• wobblyknobby

Posted January 24, 2009 - 11:37 AM

I think you can ger engine ice thru advanced auto or auto zone but u may have to order it.

• brad the best

Posted January 24, 2009 - 11:41 AM

i agree that you would find a lower temperature , the engine ice is more efficient at pulling the heat away from aluminum , because aluminum is very porous . the engine ice will sort of flow into the aluminum and make a smooth coating of liquid over the aluminum were regular ethylene will have pockets of air and not transfer as much heat .

• dayvn

Posted January 24, 2009 - 03:31 PM

Yamaha High Performance Antifreeze/Coolant, prediluted 60/40 antifreeze) uniquely formulated, ethylene glycol based product engineered to give maximum service life to all cooling systems. This product provides freeze point protection down to -34 degrees F. and boil over protection up to +265 degrees F. with a 15lb. pressure cap.

• phynx

Posted January 25, 2009 - 12:54 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]Does it work?[/COLOR] It's Boyesen Supercooler Water Pump Cover and Impeller Kit WPK38.

Posted Image

• wobblyknobby

Posted January 25, 2009 - 02:27 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]Does it work?[/COLOR] It's Boyesen Supercooler Water Pump Cover and Impeller Kit WPK38.

Posted Image

I have one on my WR426. It seemes to work great but I never rode the bike with the factory one to compare. I run stock radiators, engine ice, and that Boyesen pump. I never once boiled.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.