STATOR help WR450f 06

5 replies to this topic
  • jimbarbwe

Posted January 22, 2009 - 07:27 AM

Hi guys a bit confused. looking in the :banana: yam hand book not sure if the stator is at the back of the flywheel "meaning i got to remove the flywheel to get at it" or is in the crank case and just 2x +headed screws. just wanted to check as i dont have a flywheel puller and didnt want the bike on a stand for a week.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 22, 2009 - 07:53 AM

in the crank case and just 2x +headed screws.

your answer is above ^^^

you dont have to remove the FW only the side over:thumbsup:

• KennyMc

Posted January 22, 2009 - 09:41 AM

your answer is above ^^^

you dont have to remove the FW only the side over:thumbsup:

Just remember to tuck the stator wires back behind the plate in the sidecover. If not, it's not pretty:banghead: :banana: :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jimbarbwe

Posted January 22, 2009 - 04:27 PM

do you need to replace the crank case seal after removing it? bikes only done 1600 miles.

• KennyMc

Posted January 22, 2009 - 05:13 PM

do you need to replace the crank case seal after removing it? bikes only done 1600 miles.

I didn't. It is made of rubber. If it was the typical gasket material then I would say yes.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 22, 2009 - 08:29 PM

I didn't. It is made of rubber. If it was the typical gasket material then I would say yes.

i agree...we have had my dad's 06 side cover off 3 times over 13k miles and it does not leak at all :banana:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.