YAMAHA WR Owners I Have a Question?

21 replies to this topic
  • XC800.X

Posted July 25, 2002 - 02:29 AM

I'm 6'5" and weigh about 270 lbs.The suspention is perfect for me in the woods but a way soft on the track.I've let alot of people try the bike and they all thought the thing was cushy.I think I'm around 4 clicks stiffer on the fork compression and 4-5 stiffer on the shock high speed than stock.
Like the man says,try it first if you can.Just remember,you will find a place where you will want more power,just with a faster bike it won't happen as often. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RSA210

Posted July 25, 2002 - 04:31 AM

THUMPINGOOD,I sure you will be pleased when you get your new WR450.For me it was either the WR or a KTM 520 EXC.I rode a 520 and I liked the power but I did'nt like the suspension or the handling.The WR on the other hand has much superior handling out of the box,and the power delivery is a bit different,WR's like to be revved,that suits me.I was able to outfit my WR to my liking and STILL come in 800 bucks UNDER KTM's price.My KTM owner/friend reallys drools over my bike when he sees all the goodies I put on it.If it was'nt for the fact that he was vertically challenged, I think he would have bought a WR.Now what you really want to know- the drag race-How does within a bike length sound?? Rather impressive I thought.We BOTH backed down on the sand-washed road,we BOTH got SKEERED!!!!!! Bottom line, these bikes have more POWER than an average trail rider needs,as long as it scares me I like it :D :D :D :D
You can still putt this bike around and never know you have your legs wrapped around a BLUE BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!
ENJOY and REFUSE to GROW-UP :D :) :D :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.