05 WR450 Scotts Damper Troubleshoot

2 replies to this topic
  • bjmiles

Posted January 21, 2009 - 08:43 PM

Hey all,

Went riding today in some tight single track, sandy washes, and river rocks. Went down a few times, all of which were not violent or damaging to me or the bike. Get the bike back home and realize that the damper frame bracket has come loose and is freely moving around the head tube. Took off the light, re-seater the bracket and tightened it down. Now, the damper's base control valve (damper adjuster) wont move in either direction. Loosened the frame bracket with no luck in freeing up the adjuster knob. Looked in the online manual with no luck. None of the crashes I took really jerked the handle bars badly and all of them landed the bike in loose sand anyway.

Anyone have the same problem or know how to fix this?

PS - I bought the bike used, don't have the mannual in hand and didn't install it myself...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dl19

Posted January 21, 2009 - 10:40 PM

Try Scotts warranty. I thought they were life time. Worth a try, and they should stand behind regardless of who owns it now.

• Looks450

Posted January 22, 2009 - 02:37 AM

Try Scotts warranty. I thought they were life time. Worth a try, and they should stand behind regardless of who owns it now.

Yes they have a lifetime warranty, just tell them that you bought the scotts after you got the bike as the warranty isnt transferable.

As to the cause, it could be ...... yeah sorry no idea. i would take it to a scotts repairer with a good story on which dog ate the receipt.

Looks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.