$1.99 Best Mod

18 replies to this topic
  • Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted July 22, 2002 - 09:24 PM

Best Mod for under $2.

Foam doughnuts for your grips. They save your thumb from getting rubbed raw. Most bicycle shops with BMX bikes will have them.

• yamaha.dude

Posted July 22, 2002 - 10:49 AM

What you could also do for $1.99...

Laxatives... save up to 5lbs of rider weight before each race... cheaper than the titanium subframe... :) :D

Hallmark card for the wife for when you get home to thank her for letting you ride that day :D

David

[ July 23, 2002: Message edited by: yamaha.dude ]

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 22, 2002 - 11:11 AM

My EgoBail

That was free and only cost me a little Ego Embarasment and modified me attitude :D

Nah what am I talking about

Yamaha.Dude
for under two bucks, you obviuosly dont buy Hallmark, :)

Posted Image

[ July 22, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

• MN_Kevin

Posted July 22, 2002 - 12:32 PM

That is where the saying "YamahaThumb" came from. Yamaha's came w/ an AWFUL handlebar bend!!

I used the Donuts for YEARS and YEARS and YEARS and on and on and on, and he told two friends and they told two friends, etc, etc...

• YAMAKAZE

Posted July 22, 2002 - 01:20 PM

EGO.....You ride the turf like a professional Department of Agreculture soil sampler.

Thats Flat Track Racing...Right?

Bonzai :)

• Bill

Posted July 22, 2002 - 01:41 PM

Ego or whoever you are this week:razz: :)

I've heard of snow angels but, dirt angels???

T.O.P.

What and give up YamaThumb, no way :D It's the closest I'll ever get to being Hannah

Bill

• motoman393

Posted July 22, 2002 - 04:48 PM

I used to use BMX donuts, but they are too small IMO. What I did to fix the problem was trace the BMX donut onto a koozie (Im sure EGO has plenty Koozies around his house LOL) and made the radius about 3/4" bigger all around. Now I have custom "motoman393 donuts" LOL

Garrett

• ratbiker

Posted July 22, 2002 - 06:04 PM

10 on style points! :)

• S_Phillips

Posted July 23, 2002 - 04:36 AM

ratbiker -

Nah I disagree should be only 5 points for rear wheel slider. Now 10 point maybe for a nice HighSider, would've been more entertaining.

Shows us your best HighSide routine EGO? :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted July 23, 2002 - 05:02 AM

Ya think the pic is good, BUT WAIT! I have a video
Yehhaaaa

Notice how I get center punched by the kid on the xr80 :) Well Thast my story and Im sticking with it
May take 30 seconds to load

[ July 23, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

• PumpkinHumper

Posted July 23, 2002 - 01:51 PM

Man Ego!! Its pretty bad when the Moderator starts rassn ya. :D :) :D :D :D

• just_want_to_ride

Posted July 23, 2002 - 03:18 PM

Probably a stupid ? but what does lol mean. :)

• Fryboy

Posted July 23, 2002 - 03:36 PM

Just want to ride,

LOL means Laugh out Loud

or

Leak on Leg - LOL

Dave

• just_want_to_ride

Posted July 23, 2002 - 03:43 PM

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 24, 2002 - 03:45 AM

Or
Lust Or Love
Maybe
Loop out looser
could be
lots of lumps

BTW

I wish I had a helmet cam, that same TT track has a wide hanging sweeper, there is a 8" berm setup, all along the outer edge "NORMALLY". They had a vintage TT that weekend so I go out on it on Monday.

I hit the sweep totally side ways and locked, looking for the Berm, Uh Berm, Ohhhh Beeerrrrmmm

Oh gad this is gonna hurt, Right off the side into the weeds. I just slammed right into the tallest-fullest bush. Now that would have been a funny video....

[ July 24, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

• ISBB

Posted July 24, 2002 - 05:19 AM

What bout being a lawn dart in the dunes... now thats got style points.... wish i coulda got a picture of it but it was a freak accident...

• YZ_Abuser

Posted July 24, 2002 - 08:48 AM

Originally posted by motoman393:
I used to use BMX donuts, but they are too small IMO. What I did to fix the problem was trace the BMX donut onto a koozie (Im sure EGO has plenty Koozies around his house LOL) and made the radius about 3/4" bigger all around. Now I have custom "motoman393 donuts" LOL

Garrett

Sheez,it's the only thing I can't find on your site!

:)

• racemile

Posted July 26, 2002 - 12:10 PM

I still love that video.

Race :) :D

• The_Missile

Posted July 29, 2002 - 01:59 AM

Ego....nice video....now just exactly what technique do you use to lift the thing upright whilst still kneeling? Are you Clark Kent ?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.