Mount for License Plate

14 replies to this topic
  • honeycutt

Posted January 21, 2009 - 08:36 AM

Now that they are enforcing the plate law here in Arizona I need to mount the RV(Recreational Vehicle) plate to my 07 WR450. I know some other states use this system so I was hoping someone could recommend a plate mount that is out of the way and doesn't look too bad?? The plate is suppose to be visible from the rear. Pics would be a great help if possible. Thanks guys!

• honeycutt

Posted January 21, 2009 - 09:26 AM

Never mind guys, already answered my own question! Thanks anyways!

• dl19

Posted January 21, 2009 - 02:33 PM

Are you still looking for info.. The one mounted on the bike I ride uses two strips of rubber that allows view and flex. Really helps save the plate. Could provide a pic if needed

• SJMC_DON

Posted January 21, 2009 - 04:04 PM

Are you still looking for info.. The one mounted on the bike I ride uses two strips of rubber that allows view and flex. Really helps save the plate. Could provide a pic if needed

I'd like to see it if you have time to post.

• honeycutt

Posted January 21, 2009 - 05:49 PM

Yes, the more options the better. Thank you!

• dl19

Posted January 21, 2009 - 10:38 PM

Tried some cell phone pics because I could not find the camera. Look like junk so won't post. Found it now and will take some good pics and post tomorrow.

• dl19

Posted January 22, 2009 - 09:04 PM

Here are the pics. I could but won't extend the mounts another half inch to allow the plate to clear the fender lip. I like the way it sits now. I will just notch the plate so it clears the plate when I flip it over backwards in a wheelie. I do that a couple times a year. Bent it up, but just bend the plate back.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 22, 2009 - 09:13 PM

here is mine

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 22, 2009 - 09:18 PM

here is the 06 i had before the 08

Posted Image

• Vinny2692

Posted February 02, 2009 - 05:34 PM

here is the 06 i had before the 08

Posted Image

is that a yz rear fender your using? if so, what kind of light are you running?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 02, 2009 - 07:28 PM

is that a yz rear fender your using? if so, what kind of light are you running?

its a baja designs plate mount but after comparing it to the one i have on my 08, i would not buy the baja designs one again as it is way to heavy...

this is the one i have on my 08
Posted Image

• Vinny2692

Posted February 03, 2009 - 01:01 PM

thanks, i think i will look into something like that for my 04' :)

• phynx

Posted February 07, 2009 - 10:08 AM

Now that they are enforcing the plate law here in Arizona I need to mount the RV(Recreational Vehicle) plate to my 07 WR450. I know some other states use this system so I was hoping someone could recommend a plate mount that is out of the way and doesn't look too bad?? The plate is suppose to be visible from the rear. Pics would be a great help if possible. Thanks guys!

Here you go Honey- Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image 600 miles of hard riding and still hasn't come off.. I seen a bracket at HD you may just trim (Picture), other than me hacking one out and combing it with rivets. I did try the Edge, but that was too much money and very difficult to fit. I really wanted use my stock tail light which I rewired as a brake light.

• spidennis

Posted February 07, 2009 - 05:44 PM

that just looks too far under the fender. I keep having mine sucked up by the rear wheel on fast jumps while on the beach and mine is farther back. I'm going to attach mine to the top of the rear part of the fender next. I've killed too many plates already!

Posted Image

• flynz

Posted February 07, 2009 - 09:53 PM

zip tie it to your back pack thats what I do

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.