Coast Range 100, Review

5 replies to this topic
  • Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted July 22, 2002 - 09:22 PM

Just Raced the OMRA Cross Country Race, The Coast Range 100, put on and hosted by the Trailsmen club.
This race was in the Tillamook state Forest, West of Portland, Oregon.
Located in the coast range mountains, it consisted of some of the best riding imaginable. High speed fire roads, I mean tapped out in 5th for some serious road sliding. Some super fun intermediate speed single track, with nicely rutted, bermed corners to roost around and some killer goat track, 1 foot wide, fall of the cliff type riding.
I was really impressed with the route selection, hats off to the Trailsmen, good job.

I highly reccomend if any one has the chance to ride in the Tillamook Forest this summer, do it. Stage at the Jones Creek area, for some of the better, less used trails. Good camping right on the river is availalble too.

• Puck

Posted July 22, 2002 - 09:35 PM

Yah, it's good riding round here, but Forestry just put the whole forest into restricted fire season. Couple of blocks open but the best is locked out. Happens every year. You get used to it. These woods have a nasty reputation for massive burns, hence the name, Tillamook Burn
Be casual, Puck

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 22, 2002 - 04:13 PM

"Trailsmen Club" I like that term! It's about time we used some "feel good" terminology, God knows the wacko enviormentalist's have made it work for them for years!! There's alot of people that would contribute to a club with a name like that. :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JDOregon

Posted July 24, 2002 - 05:42 PM

>>>Stage at the Jones Creek area,

I though Jones' creek was near Washougal; is there another Jones' creek near Tillamook, or do you mean Jordan creek?

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted July 24, 2002 - 07:32 PM

Yep you got it, slip of the key board. Jones is in WA and Jordan in OR. Both are excellent riding areas.

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted July 25, 2002 - 09:33 PM

Did anyone ride the Silver Dollar Poker Run? I ran it with a buddy and had a blast. I love Brown's/Jordan Creek, much more to offer than Jones Creek. If you guys are up for a ride to Gifford Pinchot we are going Aug 14-15. PM me if interested. Ryan

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.