Street legal WR450

3 replies to this topic
  • yamaharichey

Posted February 05, 2003 - 09:09 AM

Just thought I'd tell those of you that want to make your 450's street legal, that I installed a 03 YZ rear fender on my WR450 then I mounted a UFO rear tail light under it like a KTM or DRZ. It looks good, very clean plus the fender is much lower for swinging your leg over. And now I have a place to mount a license plate. You do have to do some cutting on the fender for the over flow bottle.

• Jim_Patterson

Posted February 05, 2003 - 09:22 AM

I just did street legal with the stock fender. But I like the idea of it being easier to swing your leg over the bike. Any pictures? I think a lot of people would like to see that modification.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaharichey

Posted February 05, 2003 - 09:29 AM

I'd love to show you pictures, but I have no idea how to do it. If someone explains, please do it in laymans terms, and talk very slowly, cause I am computer illiterate.

• Jim_Patterson

Posted February 06, 2003 - 02:50 AM

If you have digital pictures, pick the best views you have (up to 4 views) and email them to me at: I'll show them in a post as your bike conversion pictures. I can upload pics now but it's too much for me to explain properly. Jim

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.