Body armour: Plastic or padded vest?

26 replies to this topic
  • r1superstar

Posted February 06, 2003 - 04:20 PM

I've always worn FOX Racing chest protectors.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 06, 2003 - 05:42 PM

A couple of years ago at the Elsinore GP I hit a chain link fence going about 50 mph, the bike hit the fence and flipped over on my back, the peg dug into my back. I've never felt so much pain in my life... I can remember trying to feel my legs to see if I was paralized.... Thank god that I was wearing a chest protector because I wasn't... I cried all the way home thanking god that I could still walk..... Just writing this gets me emotional... Please ALWAYS wear a good chest protector ALWAYS..........

I wear an Acerbis chest protector with plenty of front and back protection.(Plastic)

The foam stuff might help from getting roosted it will do little when getting a peg slammed into your back...
ALWAYS wear one!!!!!!!!

• ryme

Posted February 08, 2003 - 04:20 AM

I am 6'4 and 270 pounds, is the acerbis zoom plus chest protector going to fit me? I have gone to the local dealers but they never have it in stock to try on. I was just wondering if anyone here is the same build.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pete_Z

Posted February 10, 2003 - 09:15 PM

I would think that a Tekvest like the snowcross guys have to wear would be the best for upper body protection. If I'm not mistaken they do make a motorcycle version and I think that a few TT members were getting them some time ago. I'm pretty sure that someone had been talking to the manufacturer and they were going to give TT members a discount. Does anyone have one of these and how is it? I currently wear an Answer protector which I'm happy with, but I've considered buying a Tekvest for the extra protection. Really curious to hear any feedback.

Peace Eh - P.Z.

• yamaha.dude

Posted February 10, 2003 - 09:28 PM

Yeah. lets hear from the big guys... I am 6' 6" and 270 (ish) and at AU$300, I wnat to know it is going to fit me. My dealer is pretty cool - he will return it if I don't want it, but I would like to know it will fit, because I have looked almost everywhere else for one that does...

• Sylvain

Posted February 20, 2003 - 04:44 AM

Salut les gars,

I'll be at the bike show right at the opening. I hope to see some of you there.

Did you know there is an ice racing event in Sorel on Sunday ?

• ddialogue

Posted February 20, 2003 - 04:56 AM

What model of Acerbis chest protectors do you use?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.