426 clutch on 400?

2 replies to this topic
  • R_Little

Posted January 20, 2009 - 11:42 AM

I have a bit of clutch chatter on my wr400 with a 444 kit.

Is the 8 plate 426 clutch a bolt on to the 400 motor?

Any ideas on the chatter, I have a new Hinson basket and new plates and springs all in spec.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Johnny_On_The_Spot

Posted January 20, 2009 - 11:45 AM

Dont know first hand, but most likely. I put my old YZ125 plates in my buddy's YZ250F about 2 and a half years ago and its still running strong. (hes a very agressive rider too)

• tcmII

Posted January 20, 2009 - 06:05 PM

I talked to the Rekluse Rep last year. I wanted to take the auto-clutch from a 426 and put it in my '98. While I don't recall the details, the '98 was different from the later years.

If you look in the Rekluse catalog the zStart Clutch for the 400s is a different part number than the 426.

They were willing to talk to me even though I wasn't buying anything, maybe they will give you somehelp.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.