Grey Wire

2 replies to this topic
  • Thrasher

Posted July 22, 2002 - 04:37 AM

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, I have had my WR400 from new (1998) and am looking to change upto the 450 this year. Seems the easiest way to get over the difficult hot start problem!!

I have looked through the archives, but can find no mention of the "grey wire" which several posts refer to (usually cutting the grey wire). Can one of you enlighten me as to what this wire does and is it on the 1998 WR400 (can I take advantage of it?).

Cheers Thrasher (alias Gary)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lewichris

Posted July 22, 2002 - 06:15 AM

first of all i have a hard time believing that you cant find anything on the grey wire. second the grey wire adds a hesitation in the midrange so the bike will pass emission and sound testing. By cutting this you eliminate the hesitation. Some guys get amazing results. Some dont feel or notice a thing. But most everyone on here has cut the thing. Make up your mind for yourself. Have you gotten YZ timed yet? you should. now there is a big difference. Whoa!!

• lewichris

Posted July 22, 2002 - 06:16 AM

ah i see now you are in europe. No grey wire over there. so dont worry about it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.