Overhaul Time 04' yz450f

3 replies to this topic
  • Flosi77

Posted January 19, 2009 - 09:57 AM

Ok this last trip out in the desert let me know what i need.
So i have a couple questions.

First i bought a White Bros E2 for it so i had a spark arrestor but the thing was blowing packing into the spark arrestor further clogging up my bike lol.

Question is; Repack or buy a new exhaust?

Next is the chain sprocket and countersprocket. I need new ones.

Does anyone have a set up they really like? i ride very diversly. Track one week then down in the desert and during the summer i head up to woods and get into the tight stuff.

Also i need to fork seals. How hard are they to do yourself? i do all my own work but the seals scare me cuz i have never done them before.

Thanks for any input. I'd like to do it sorta cheap but i also want to do it right so i'm not doing this again in 4 months lol

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted February 26, 2010 - 11:03 PM

definitely repack the pipe.

regarding the chain... I tend to buy the Regina chain and sprocket sets off of ebay. They're steel and heavy, but then again, so am I :thumbsup: I change my chain and sprocket every year, which is about 10-12 rides. Therefore, I don't spend a fortune on them.

the fork seals are super easy. Get yourself a Tusk fork seal driver. I think you'd need teh 48mm one. It makes the job simpler. Then look at the youtube video for changing and servicing the forks. Its really, really easy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FinchFan194

Posted February 27, 2010 - 11:24 AM

I would get the Regina ORN-6 as Gray always reccomends and when I had my 04 I did 50/50 track/trail. I loved the gearing combo of 14/47. As far as sprockets I would go with something like an ironman or supersprox.

• Aka.Goose

Posted February 27, 2010 - 03:38 PM

Repack.
Regina o-ring/x-ring chain, Tag Metals sprockets.
Pick up a fork seal driver and go for it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.