Any old/slow guys riding the WR450F?

101 replies to this topic
  • ack1961

Posted June 29, 2011 - 08:58 AM

Just started riding a couple years ago:
50 years and 250 lbs. Been riding 2T's (KTM 200MXC & KDX220), but just got an '03 WR450. Love the power and the chug of the WR. I've been told by my friends that I'm slow....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ZWR450

Posted June 29, 2011 - 02:25 PM

I'm 43, 5'11", and 208 Lbs.
I had never been on a dirt bike before in my life.
Six months ago my boss invited me to a 120 mile ride in the Mojave with a group of guys. I have a friend that owns a 2008 WR450 and I asked if I could borrow it for the ride. He said sure, of course he didn't know I had never been on a dirt bike before.
Well, I went on that ride and had an absolute blast and was immediately hooked. I went out and bought a slightly used 09 WR450 and have been riding a half dozen times since. I've eaten shit a few times, but not enought to scare me away.
I love my WR! :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.