Looking for Larger Tank

5 replies to this topic
  • dl19

Posted January 19, 2009 - 09:06 AM

I posted for an Acerbis, but an IMS or Clarke would work fine also. Just want one that fits well without a lot of messing around to make it fit. Running DEVOL radiator guards.

Earlier:
I just put a brand new 3.3 Acerbis on my 05. Fit perfectly including choke as I had read on here (BIG THANKS). Now I find that I still won't have enough gas for some upcoming rides without packing it. So, I am looking for a used 6.6 Acerbis for a 05 WR450. I don't care if it is blue or clear. Only needs to be in good useable condition and the price is right.

• RedBull420

Posted January 19, 2009 - 08:34 PM

Keep you eyes peeled in the classified section, stuff always popping up there.

• glentron

Posted January 23, 2009 - 08:53 PM

You can also add gas volume on your side panels. Several companies offer a system that will replace the left number plate panel behind the air box.

I would consider this is you don''t want to raise the front of the bike with the larger tank. I'm sure your handling will change when the tank is full.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • A-ron

Posted January 23, 2009 - 10:39 PM

So, I am looking for a used 6.6 Acerbis for a 05 WR450. I don't care if it is blue or clear. Only needs to be in good useable condition and the price is right.

I'd be interested in your 3.3 for my 06, if you do go to a 6.6.

• TRUE_2_YAMAHA_001

Posted January 25, 2009 - 11:08 PM

i would also recommend the side number plate due to the fact that you don't have all the weight up front. and you can take it off when your just doing shorter distances. i have one for my bike and it is great due to the fact that you can remove it when you do not need it.

but 6.6 gallons up front, your talking about a 55 to 60 lb change in weight throughout the day. that is a little too much for me.

• Shibumi

Posted January 26, 2009 - 08:46 PM

Why did they quit offering the 6.6?
Thanks..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.