Noise control

4 replies to this topic
  • 42MTI

Posted January 19, 2009 - 06:45 AM

I need your advise. I have small track in my yard and want to quiet down my 07' yz450. What is the best silencer to go with. I was thinking about getting one from a 07' WR. if it would work. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks
Michael

• WGP

Posted January 19, 2009 - 04:02 PM

Either the stock one or a FMF Q4

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426 NOOB

Posted January 19, 2009 - 09:38 PM

personally I would go with a pro moto billet encap and quiet insert. I have passed 96 db sound tests with it.

• ztangoKLX

Posted January 26, 2009 - 09:51 AM

I had a complete 07WR exhaust on my 06YZ for a short time - it was very quite, but sucked the bottom-end power right out of the motor. I now use a Q4. The initial build quality was less than great, but the sound / performance level is good.

• DrThumper

Posted January 26, 2009 - 01:48 PM

personally I would go with a pro moto billet encap and quiet insert. I have passed 96 db sound tests with it.

That PMB Quiet Insert REALLY lowers your power. Back when I lived in Calif and had to pass those stupid sound laws, we'd put them on to get past the Rangers then remove them. People who actually use them all the time have to re-jet.

A rather new, properly packed muffler will get you past that law, but if your looking for a new pipe anyways, or 96 db isn't low enough for you, I'd go with the Q4.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.