Found a way to beat CRF450 in drag race

2 replies to this topic
  • XR/CRDave

Posted February 04, 2003 - 04:37 PM

Whenever my friends and I go to the dez, Glamis and Octollio Wells, we always drag race. Well ever since my friend got a CRF450 I can't beat him in a short race on my BRP. I've tried everything, once I even looped it trying so hard, paddle hooked up in third in the woops and over I went before I knew what happened, pretty funny. Now I finally found a way to beat my friends CRF450 in a drag race, one day we both started in 4th and big thumper took him no problem. Sometimes we trade bikes, and I like how lite and nimble his is and he loves the big thumper feel and raw power of the BRP. But I am always happy to get back on the pig. Just sharing a story.

00 XR650R uncorked
01 CR250
95 XR600 lots of stuff (sold)
95 KX500 (sold)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • huntmaster

Posted February 05, 2003 - 11:24 AM

You can always gear the XR 25% lower, to the CRF's level!

• Dutch

Posted February 05, 2003 - 12:00 PM

Accelerating that extra 60 lbs. or so is what hurts the BRP in a drag race. The last time I watched a 24 hr car race on tv, I didn't notice any Formula one cars .

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.