How to tell if throttle stop is there or not?

3 replies to this topic
  • codlord

Posted July 21, 2002 - 11:45 AM

I have just bought my first (used) 2000 WR400, I have read about the throttle stop modification but is there a very easy way to check if the throttle stop modification has already been done before I go messing with the carb? I mean can I tell by how far the throttle twists or something like that? I guess I could tell by top speed or something but my speedo is not working!

• Bill

Posted July 21, 2002 - 01:39 PM

Two ways:

Loosen the clamp on the carb (airbox side) Pull back the boot and tuck it behind the frame and turn the throttle open, stick your finger in the carb bore and feel if the slide is all the way up.

Take off the black plastic cover that goes over the throttle cables on the kickstart side of the carb. It'll be an allen head screw from the bottom up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lewichris

Posted July 22, 2002 - 04:01 AM

your bike will have the power of a 1981 xr 100.

• BigDog

Posted July 22, 2002 - 11:55 AM

With the stop in you can only twist the throttle about 1/4 of the way.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.