swap 06wr hotstart cable to just the plunger?

4 replies to this topic
  • jhmotard

Posted January 19, 2009 - 05:00 AM

i have an 06wr450 that has the hotstart lever on the handlebar that has a cable that goes all the way to the carb.

i do not race my bike, i strictly use it for commuting 95% in supermoto trim and trailriding 5% in dirt trim.

can i swap out the cable for just the plunger like on the older carbs??? if anyone has a hotstart plunger i would buy it....

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 19, 2009 - 07:35 AM

i have an 06wr450 that has the hotstart lever on the handlebar that has a cable that goes all the way to the carb.

i do not race my bike, i strictly use it for commuting 95% in supermoto trim and trailriding 5% in dirt trim.

can i swap out the cable for just the plunger like on the older carbs??? if anyone has a hotstart plunger i would buy it....

I dont see why you couldnt...however im not sure if anyone makes this kinda of mod...maybe an older modle carb with the hotstart lever on it will work?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jhmotard

Posted January 19, 2009 - 07:43 AM

i know because most people that race like the "cable style" because its more convenient....easier to get to. my bars are already cluttered....handguards, mirrors, headlight switch, vapor and start switch.

i've checked the classifieds...

• GCannon

Posted January 19, 2009 - 09:43 AM

Start by researching here if it can be done they will have the parts.
http://www.sudco.com/

• jhmotard

Posted January 19, 2009 - 10:27 AM

k thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.