WR450 Handlebars

5 replies to this topic
  • vomitbomb

Posted January 18, 2009 - 10:12 PM

What type of pro tapers are the stock handlebars on the WR450 (08)?

I'm trying to find the bend so I can compare them to other ones.

• trailhead2004

Posted January 19, 2009 - 10:37 AM

Best I can tell, they are really close if not exactly the same as CR High bend.

trailhead

• redhurricane

Posted January 19, 2009 - 10:44 AM

call procycle-us

there's a guy there that has info on all the bend specs on stock bars vs aftermarket.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Powerage

Posted January 19, 2009 - 11:54 PM

I emailed Protaper on this one.. as i was looking at getting higher bars, but needed to know what was on it already as a starting point...

Here is the reply...

Our version of the standard YZF/WRF bars is the YZ High bend. So you can take those dimensions and see what works best for you

• ironlife

Posted January 20, 2009 - 10:10 PM

If you ride standing up and are 6' plus try the KX high.
I just installed some on my 08' and the difference was amazing!
They are 4.25" bars.
I am 6'2".
I am going to reverse my F5's from Pro Moto Billet to the "Lowboy position" next and see if that works. It looks like you can lat out remove the little allen screw that came with the footpegs and let them hit the bolt for the peg mount.
It might be too cheesy but I would like just a little more!

• Powerage

Posted January 21, 2009 - 11:25 PM

Yeah, wish i had gone the KX hi's, just for that little bit extra over the windams that i ended up getting... Now im going to try 19mm raisers with the original bars to see what its like... I think raisers + windams may = longer cables...

Cheers!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.